SEO does not always work the way we want. It is common for Google to rank a page for keywords other than the ones for which we would like the particular page to rank.
What can you do? How can you guide Google to improve the ranking of a page for the keywords you want?
The simple answer is that you need to make sure that Google ?receives? the right signals from your page to optimize it, but this is not always as easy as it sounds.
When you finish writing a piece of content for your website and publish the content, the work does not stop there. The page needs to be optimized and ready so when Google indexes the page, it knows exactly what the page is about.
- Improve domain authority
- Improve organic rankings for targeted keyword
Page titles:?Include your target keyword (or variations) but don?t do keyword stuffing. Mentioning your keyword in a natural way in the title is enough
Page descriptions:?Google may choose not to show your description on the SERPs, but it is still important to provide a custom description for each and every page of your website, especially the pages you want to rank higher.
Accurately describe the page content and include variations of your target keyword.
H1 Tags:?Review your HTML code (open the page, go to ?View Source? and search for H1). Check that your page has only one set of H1 tags. The H1 tag is not necessarily the same as your page title tag, but it should contain variations of your target keyword.
Structured data:?Microdata, rich snippets, schemas are all names related to structured data. Although this is not yet part of Google?s ranking algorithm, it is trending and sooner or later will be part of the ranking process.
Focus on Long-Tail Keyword Rankings
- They’re less competitive: Fewer people are trying to rank for long-tail keyword phrases, so your site has a better chance of achieving high rankings.
- They’re more targeted: Longer keywords show more intent?they reveal more about what the searcher is looking for, so you can better serve them with a specific offering or specific Web content.
With the number of sites and business increasing their digital presence on a daily basis, Page Ranking for a Specific Keyword is essential to give your business the best chance of success for:
- ranking as high as possible for specific keywords
- displaying the right content to the right user at the right time
- giving Google every reason to rank your site as high as possible
Want help improving your page ranking for specific keywords??Contact Us?to get started.
Learn more about the importance of structured data and SEO here in our next blog.